Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shopping day!

























so today i went shopping again, and i also have failed to figure out how to get my posts looking organised, the pictures are all over the place!i think i will end up having to ask the lovely Ana B at http://ondressingup.blogspot.com/ how to do this stuff!
The top picture is the alpaca jumper i found at the local car boot sales, i fell in love with this because of the neckline, it is black ,red, and white embroided in a kind of floral aztec pattern, its label says it was made in mexico, 1971!?The next photo is of my new oversize super soft light grey wool jumper, i love the pattern on it(see next photo down), and the price, it cost me 33 cents!( i got three things for $1) i can see that this jumper will be a staple over winter......
The next two photos down show my new dress and jacket, and bracelet, which i got from savemart...i love savemart...i have been to every one in the south island (i believe that the invercargill one is best for retro/vintage)! I haven't been to the north island yet (i know!) but me and the boyfriend now plan to move to wellington in 5 months, so i will have a whole new island to explore!
Anyway, back to the new dress.....i saw it on the rack and new i HAD to have it and that it HAD to fit me...even though its a size 10...and by some kind of miricle it does!admitedly it is a bit firm under the bust, but who cares, it gives me great cleavage, and believe me that is a hard thing for me to get!i love the details at the top of the dress and the soft cotton fabric...
The jacket is a handmade number...it has a wee label in it that says " fiona margetts, seamstress", i love it!its such a cute wee jacket, so comfy!
The next two pictures are of another 33cent number, its such a beautiful dress, its sheer and changes colour in the light, but somebody has mistreated it terribly and it has big holes torn in the skirt, so i plan to shorten it and make it into a top...i love the frills!
and then we have me in my brand new dress from stax...i plan to wear it at my sisters hens party, with my new shoes from the wharehouse(of all places!) and the velvet blazer i found at the car boot markets........
And finally, this photo shows what i actully wore today, while i was finding all my new treasures!
I am finally starting to feel better, after being struck down by a tummy bug last week, and we have started packing our stuff away....as we are heading to melbourne for 4 months in a few weeks!i am so excited!









































2 comments:

  1. Argh! I just wrote such a long comment and I lost it! Anyway, I love the last two dresses on you given that you wear it so marvellously well.

    Unfortunately, I have a customised template which works way differently from yours and I "embed" all my pictures which are standard sizes rather than upload it straight from my computer. Without a working knowledge of CSS and XHTML, it's more a case of trial and error so some tips:

    1) Use plain Blogger to post. Not "blogger in draft" You know you're using blogger in draft if the logo on your Dashboad says so. If you use plain blogger, you should be able to click on your photo and manually resize it.
    2) Standardise the sizes of all your photos so that they fit together nicely. So you may have to resize the photos on your computer.
    3) Use the "Preview" option very liberally when creating a post. So upload your pics and text, use Preview, then Publish. If it looks wrong after Publishing, do it again! Eeek. Laborious I know!
    4) Use either Flickr or Picasa 3 to upload your photos. That way you can just copy and paste the HTML codes they provide straight into your posts, the sizes will be standard etc etc.

    Good luck. Tell me if you have troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black jacket is so lovely and it fits you like a dream. I like homemade stuff the best because I like to think about who made it and why :)

    ReplyDelete