Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm sick too....

It seems in the blogging world at the moment (and probably in the real world too) everyone has a cold. Well I have also, unwillingly, joined the trend and am feeling somewhat sorry for myself.
I'm sure its not the mexican flu though!
All this mexican flu stuff reminds me of when everyone was all a flutter about SARS (excuse the pun). The hospital I was working at at the time had all the medical staff fitted with special long wearing facemasks. It was made pretty clear to us that if the worst happend and a major outbreak occured we were expected to turn up to work (regardless of whether we were rostered on or not) and work until we died or dropped from exhaustion.
What a great job!
Late morning I crawled out of bed and decided today was the day to wear my new leather jacket. It is so comfy and fits like it was made for me, and is offically new favourite thing!
I got it for $10 from the op shop near the Chapel street bazar, given how overpriced the op shops here tend to be I was terribly excited!


The top I scored from the salvos in St Kilda, along with some russian stacking dolls(love those things!) and a travel book for the great land of Aus!

Introducing my new canvas wedge heels scored from savers....



And a double score...
Not one but TWO pairs of vintage style all leather heels, one pair not even worn!
I find it SO hard to find vintage shoes, they are either made for people with tiny little midgit feet, or are so narrow that i can't even get my big toe into them.
So finding these were a huge score for me.
I found both pairs on a massive op shopping trip i did down the Frankston line...I spent all day getting on and off the train, getting all sorts of bargins, I didn't come home until 8pm!
I'm sure you will get to see all my other treasures as I wear them!
I'm off to eat some piklets with jam and cream....
because I can!





2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of commitment your job requires. I couldn't do it. I'm an absolute hypochondriac. If someone so much as sneezes on me, I shudder and want a Purell bath.

    You have scored some amazing things. The white vintage heels are especially cute.

    Sorry you're feeling ill. I'm only *just* starting to feel like myself again after two long long weeks.

    And as for your boy forgetting your birthday, awwwwww :(((((((((((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I'm sorry you're sick, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete